Re: Losing my mind - update

To: Robert Weeks <lists@woozy.com>
Subject: Re: Losing my mind - update
From: Larry Macy <lmacy@phillymgclub.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 07:11:16 -0400
I know for certain that there are 2 length noses on the water pumps
for a 1500. One has room for an electric fan behind the rad, the other
does not. Housing is the same, pump vanes appear the same, but one is
a Durante model, the other is a Shirley model. The longer nose fits a
1800 MGB??, but uses the same housing.

My guess is that the water pump in your case fits a different car,
that uses the same pump housing, but needs more reach for the fan to
be close to the rad.

Larry

--

Larry Macy