Re: Steering wheel hub removal..

To: "derf" <derf247@gmail.com>, "Dave G." <dmg@bossig.com>
Subject: Re: Steering wheel hub removal..
From: "Geoff Branch" <gjbranch@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 18:34:44 -0400
Here's how I've done it:

Loosen the nut, back it out till it's flush with top of the column.  Now get
in the car with a big mallet and block of wood.  Put your knees under the
steering wheel and push up as hard as you can.  Prepare to smack the nut
with the mallet, using the block of wood to protect the nut.  Practice a few
times with dry strokes because of what comes next:   TURN YOUR HEAD AND
CLOSE YOUR EYES.  And then bash that thing as hard as you can.  It's worked
for me several times.  And I still have all my teeth.

Geoff Branch