MOTRAH

To: Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>, Kerm1@aol.com, Steve Balsamo
Subject: MOTRAH
From: David Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 22:57:49 -0500
It was a really fun weekend, for most, at MOTRAH Road America in Elkhart
Lake.  A special thanks to 'Kermit' Wilson, Dan Ehrmann, Steve Balsamo
from Windy City Mog and all the others that helped make it a great
weekend for Morgan, Triumph, & Austin Healey.

The autocross was very interesting as some rather unusual lines were
taken in a few of the corners.  We especially enjoyed watching the last
+4+ built showing off it's fine lines.  WST, Flounder, was there to
race, alas, was bitten by the gremlin that makes expensive engine
sounds, but also brought the exquisitely
original-as-it-was-last-raced-in-1964 (? I believe) by Mr. Whittaker.
History, rather than oil, was oozing from the car; the proverbial time
capsule.  Thanks for bringing it and I will take you up on your offer
soon.  Pity we had to leave Sat. before the event was over.

It was, of course, always special to see the cars in their native
habitat; on the track.  Congratulations indeed to Ron Soave (Larry
Daniels beat me to it) for bettering his best time yet again and will be
a force to be reckoned with at Blackhawk.  And it's always great to put
faces with lister's names. Good to finally meet you Larry Daniels!  It
was special to finally meet Morgan lister, Charles Hill who helped with
some of the details of the restoration of Charles Clarke's Morgan.

Yup, winter's are long here in Wisconsin and the Elkhart event gets the
blood pumping and while we have more events to come, I can't wait for
the next MOTRAH (an annual ????)

Good on ya mates!

Dave & Adam
59 :{)