Lock Nuts for Wire Wheel Conversion

To: "Spridgets Digest" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Lock Nuts for Wire Wheel Conversion
From: "Norm" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 12:11:24 -0400
HELP!

Any of you out there in Spridget-land know of a source of nuts used to bolt
wire wheel adapter splines to the steel-wheel lug studs?

The nuts that came off seem like a light alloy, but are steel per my magnet.
They are 9/16" with tapered seat & are self-locking.  I need at least 3 or 4
as 2 were completely destroyed in trying to remove them.  One was so locked
onto the stud that it only came off with a pneumatic chisel.

I tried two hardware supply companies here in Florida & one of my British
parts suppliers all with no success.  Going to try Nutty Company in Shelton,
CT after lunch.

Any help offered will be appreciated.

Norm Sippel
'59 Turner in need of nuts (With new engine it does have balls)
'60 Alfa Spider