WAS: road trip NOW: cruise control

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: WAS: road trip NOW: cruise control
From: "Deikis, John G" <John.Deikis@va.gov>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2007 14:59:26 -0400
I put one of these JC Gyp-me cruise controls on an BMW a number of years ago.

I worked great!  Has a vacuum canister to pull on the throttle cable.  Control
unit is about the size of a small wooden-match box.  Tapping the (+) or (-)
key gives you = MPH change in speed. I later saw the same unit installed in Al
Moss's supercharged MG TC panel truck.  Bought another one to put in my TD so
I could tolerate driving in the flatland Midwest. Lost it in my garage
somewhere.  If I ever find it, I will install it.  Highly recommended!  Still
in their catalog, I believe.  Somewhere near those propeller things you mount
between the carb and the intake manifold.  If you get to the hubcaps that spin
backwards, you've gone too far.

-JohnD