Re: Compressed Air Powered Car

To: "Paul Asgeirsson" <PAsgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>, "Larry Daniels"
Subject: Re: Compressed Air Powered Car
From: "Timothy H. Collins" <thcollin@mtu.edu>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 15:39:40 -0400
Paul,
Since you mentioned compressed air powered trams, did you know that
several mines used a system to compress the air that had no moving
parts? A really ingenious system. Here's how they produced 125 psi
for "free." I know of a mine in the U.P. of Michigan (Victoria) that
used this system too.
http://www.cobalt.ca/ragged_chutes.htm
Tim

At 12:43 PM 5/31/2007, Paul Asgeirsson wrote:
>Interesting!
>
>Old technology always seems to reappear!!  In mines, compressed air
>locomotive were commonly used before the electric ones came into being.
>Compressed air was always available in the tunnels so there wasn't a problem
>on "Refueling" when they ran out of or low on air.
>
>Again, even then, it was a trade of fossil fuels for the compressed air,
>just as the new cars from India will be doing.
>
>Paul A

Tim Collins