Re: [Spridgets] half shaft retainer

To: derf247@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] half shaft retainer
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2007 13:20:16 EDT
I'm neither a fastner snob or looking for an argument but rather I want
listers to enjoy their cars rather than spend time trying to undo parts held
together which chewed up fastners.

Of course you can use a Phillips screwdriver on Posidrive screws but it's not
the correct tool and chews up the scew heads.  Likewise you can use vise
grips instead of wrenches.

My experience of using a Posidrive screwdriver on Posidrive scews is that it
doesn't damage them and both have a long life.

You're right you don't need a proper tool to any job unless you want to do it
properly.  Use a Phillips screwdriver on your first brake job and then use a
drill to drill out a damaged head on your second brake job.

With the correct thread any countersunk head fastener will get the job done
including a torx but ...... does that mean getting a special torx tool?

All I was doing here was pointing out that the screw is a Posidrive not a
Phillips and using the wrong tool chews it up.  Now, back to negative camber on
live axle car!

Daniel1312