[Spridgets] Brake bleeder valve

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Brake bleeder valve
From: Jethro <tr3.4.me@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 22:25:13 -0500
OK, does anyone here know the exact phase the moon needs to be in to
properly install a new rear brake cylinder C-clip and then be able to
also install the bleeder valve?

I'm guessing there's a trick here ... or the parts that VB is
supplying are just slightly larger than what I took off - of course
those c-clips cracked under the force of removal and I can't find the
pieces to compare to the new.

No matter what I've tried so far the C-clip is ever so slightly in the
way of the bleeder valve such that I can't screw it in to the brake
cylinder.

I've tried rotating the clip around so the open end of the clip is in
the area of the bleeder valve but there doesn't seem to be enough
clearance between the shank of the brake cylinder and the flange of
the axle.

The only thing I can think is to ever so slightly grind off a small
section of the outside of the C-clip to give clearance.

Does any of my rambling make sense?

Any suggestions?

Ugh, I need sleep, or a stiff drink ... maybe both.