Re: [Spridgets] TVR back again

To: "Bill Gilroy" <wmgilroy@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] TVR back again
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 22:16:48 -0500
Thanks for that info, Bill.  I sincerely hope that the new owners can
find a way to produce something on the lower end such as the original
TVR Vixen.  That charming little car with the 1600cc engine was an
absolute joy to drive around the British Isles.

In my first couple of years in England (late 65 - late 67) a mate and
I chipped in and bought one that was a few years old. We drove it and
raced it on weekends. It was nearly bullet-proof and an absolute ball
to drive.

Later Griffith put the damned V8 into it and created an unpleasant
monster to drive. I dare say a well driven Vixen was easily a match
for the overpowered Griffith on the track and we definitely proved it
at Brands Hatch several times. Most weekend racers with initial
excitement over the Griffith soon found that you don't win races
sitting upside down in the weeds just off the bottom of what is now
Graham Hill or at Clearways coming into what is now Clark Curve!

"Thanks for the memories!" - Bob Hope

Cheers!!
Jim

On 6/15/07, Bill Gilroy <wmgilroy@gmail.com> wrote:
> See http://tinyurl.com/yt8tp6

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to
fill the world with fools.
-Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)