Re: [Spridgets] Trouble Shooting Tail Lights

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Trouble Shooting Tail Lights
From: "Mark A. O'Neil" <mark.a.oneil@Dartmouth.EDU>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 08:32:28 -0400
Spent the day sorting out my turn signals, running and brake lights
which worked intermittently if at all.

I had to:
pull the fuse box and clean the terminals and fuse connectors
replace all the spade connectors
and reconnect the proper wires to the proper fuses
the above because of corrosion and a previous owner's botched attempt
at fixing something....

the entire rear lamp sockets needed cleaning to ensure good ground

I then removed the brake switch, opened it up, cleaned the innards,
and then ground back the threaded portion about 3-4mm so that the
push rod was in good contact with the brake pedal - re assembled, re
crimped, sealed and remounted.

Now I have all running and brake lights. Hazards are still not
working but I need to pull the radio anyway and will get at those
bits eventually that is all for another day.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.
-m