Re: [Spridgets] Your message to Spridgets awaits moderator approval

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Your message to Spridgets awaits moderator approval
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 06:58:43 -0500
> Thanks for the info, Ed. However I ran what you wrote through Babel
> Fish but it couldn't identify the language and translate into English.
> ;-)  Undoubtedly YOU understood what you wrote, but I submit that no
> one else did....

To be fair, I understood enough to pick up that he doesn't know what he
is talking about. Yes, ED, it does involve bandwidth. Given the number of
lists that Mark hosts, total bandwidth of messages both in and out is a
factor of life. Bandwidth costs money and he has to maintain a balance
between service and affordability. Part of that is NOT allowing attachments.
Sure it would be nice to swap pictures, but it is in no way essential; we
have lots of ways around that with the current free image-hosting sites out
there and Ed. Another part of it is limiting the size of each message. Since
the messages are text-only, a 4k message says everything a body needs to say
unless trying to report on the Buster Cluster or getting stuck in sugar
sand. Any message that exceeds the size limit gets tossed into the bit
bucket to wait for divine intervention; or Mark, whichever comes first. Yes,
the weak link is Mark having time to look through the messages collected
there and manually decide whether to send them on through or ditch them.
What a pain for Mark! Of course, this is on top of going through all the
messages and deciding which ones have sufficient Spridget content to justify
sending them on to the moderated list.

I have been on this list a fair number of years, but I have never gotten one
of those messsages. I guess I have to try harder. As Flash said, trim down
the amount of the message that you are quoting.
David Lieb