[Spridgets] speaking of shocks

To: "Spridgets@Autox. Team. Net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] speaking of shocks
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2007 06:57:16 -0400
After finally getting around to installing my newly Peter C
remanufactured shock absorbers a few weeks ago, I took my Midget on an
extended run, yesterday.  The extended run was with our local Triumph
club, and was just under 200 miles, over a lot of typical western PA and
Ohio back roads....great curves and elevation changes, but, not anywhere
near what you'd call smooth.  As usual, I was with the "fast group", and
those shocks really got a good work-out!  The car was an absolute
delight to drive!  No "hopping" over surface irregularities and no
mystery about where the car was going to go.
You know, as suspension components wear, we subconsciously adapt to what
it does to our car's handling, until we finally realize that: "hey, this
little piglet has gotten really squirrelly".  I finally got tired of my
Midget's sub-standard road manners last year, and Peter C's shocks were
the final phase of a complete suspension overhaul.  I'm VERY pleased,
and the old shocks are in the box, ready to be sent back to Peter for a
rebuild (when I finally get the time to drop them off at UPS).
I wonder how many Spridgets out there need new shocks, and/or complete
suspension rebuilds.  I'm thinking probably a fairly high percentage of
them do.
Bud Osbourne