Re: [Spridgets] NO LBC...Looking for SeaDoo Info. FIXED!

To: "Michael Conn" <mconn2@bright.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] NO LBC...Looking for SeaDoo Info. FIXED!
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 18:15:33 -0600
> Seems a bit sad to me that people would want to do that.   Aren't there
> large areas of water where seedoos can go, and not disturb other people?
>
> Michael

No, you kinda have to be a boater to understand.  I have a boat and
have owned a Jet Ski.  The  Kawasaki 1100 is about 10 feet long and
puts out about 120 horsepower stock.  It goes 0-60 in about two
seconds or 75 feet.  BUT, the trouble with the things is the the
operators don't have a clue what they're doing.  I'm going 45 in my 18
foot 1500 pound boat.  The Jet Ski lunatics are going 60, getting way
too close, swerving and acting generally stupid.  They don't realize
that I have no brakes.  Even if I bury the throttle in reverse, I'm
gonna go forward for a bit before I start slowing.  They are scaring
the crap out of me and I'm the one who is going to win the battle if
we meet.  They are uber annoying to boaters.
Now, on the other hand, going 0-60 in two seconds on water is
exciting.  Jet Skis are really fun.  You can jump a wave, bury the
thing UNDER water and keep going until it pops back up.  You can be
going 60 to the North and in under 4 seconds be going 60 to the South.
However, Jet Skis should really not be operated around boats unless
they observe the same safety rules as boats.
Those of you up North in Yankeeland can relate Jet Skis to those
110MPH snowmobiles that the lunatics use up there when it is frozen.
There are many safe, courteous Jet Ski owners out there.  But, they
are outnumbered by way too many lunatics who make Jet Skis the scourge
of the water.
Picture a suicidal person racing a Bugeye around Indianapolis Motor
Speedway against 25 Mack tanker trucks, each tank 1/2 full of water.