[Spridgets] fuel pump flow

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] fuel pump flow
From: "Charlie Shelden" <shelden3@pldi.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 21:48:05 -0500
My father inlaw calls he is stuck on the highway about 10 miles away and says
his 72 Midget is dead.  I go out and it starts but won't go more than a mile,
acts fuel starved.  I pulled the gas cap, it didn't do any better sputtered
about the same distance etc...  Pulled the fuel supply line and it just
trickles out to a steady tiny stream of fuel.  How much should be coming out?

Here is his setup:
1. 1275 w DCOE 45
2. electronic SU pump (non point)
3. fuel filter pre pump inline
4. fuel filter pre carb
5. tank cleaned one year ago using the eastwood cleaner kit (internal pickup
filter removed)

I'm thinking with the clean tank it shouldn't be getting to much pre pump but
with the flow i'm not to sure.  I've not gone over to look at it yet but will
in the next day.
So what is a good judge to go by on the output of his pump?  Possible the
metal line is gunked that feeds under the car?

Thanks,
Charlie
OKC,OK

It has removed 1765 spam emails to date.