Re: [Spridgets] Mini Intake

To: "Dean Swanson" <d.swanson@earthlink.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Mini Intake
From: "Brashear, Jack, N" <JNBrashear@garverengineers.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 09:40:47 -0500
Hi Dean, PLEASE DON'T READ IF YOU'RE A CONCOURS GUY. I don't know about
the Bugeye, but there definitely is such interference on square body
Spridgets.  Case in point - my Mk2 Sprite.  I bought a Howleys (Mini)
inlet from Avonbar Racing on a trip to England back in the 90's.  The
upward tilt caused the HIF6 carb top to be too high for hood closure by
a little over one inch.  Here's what I did:  I relieved the hood by
heating the area with a propane torch and shaped it using vinyl body
mallets.  I was a little reluctant at first to bang up my hood but the
result came out great....sorta like the bump on a TR4 hood, just not as
big.  Sanding and painting took care of the cosmetics.  It really looks
cool and I get lots of positive comments about it.  By the way, the
single HIF6 is the best conversion I ever did to the car beyond the
5-speed....you'll love it.  Contact me off list and I'll send you a
photo as I think the list strips photo attachments.
Jack