[Spridgets] Need Rear Main Bearing Seal

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Need Rear Main Bearing Seal
From: bberlin@chubb.com
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 11:18:06 -0400
Can't find the top half of the rear main bearing cap, the part that
attaches with 3 bolts and sticks out past the rear engine plate.

I need this to continue putting together a 1275 engine. I had it when I
took the engine apart, searched through all my baggies -- it's gone.

Question: Does anyone have a spare? Can I buy a new one?

I have a 1098 engine sitting on the floor that I could remove that rear
engine plate and then take of it's seal - but that's a last resort (I'm
assuming the one from a 1098 engine will fit the 1275)

Any thoughts?

Thanks....Bruce