Re: [Spridgets] oil pump Q

To: herby@herbytoys.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] oil pump Q
From: Andy Webster <a_d_webster@yahoo.com.au>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 11:10:29 +1000 (EST)
Holborn-Eaton were a factory pump. At least they are listed as one of the
original pumps in my workshop manual.

  I recently chose not to replace my Holborn-Eaton oil pump.

  I dismantled it, saw some light scoring on the lobes, but had a lobe/lobe
clearance of about .002, and the book says <.006 is permissible.

  That same day I read somebody's post about "you know you're a Mo$$ customer
when...." and decided to stick with the original pump.

  My eaton pump has the philips head screws, and I wondered the same thing
about a DPO.

  Andy

Herby <herby@herbytoys.com> wrote:
  The pump has what looks like Hoboorn-Eaton printed on it and the hex screws
are at the "temporary" locations as shown in your pix (upper left and lower
right). I really don't want to have to tear apart the engine unless
absolutely required. If I have to go that far I'm just going to throw a 266
cam in it too. If I do that I may not get back together in time for the Sep
09 Brit Show. I'm not Frank!

Herby
63 MKII Sprite (Herbytoy - patiently waiting)
62 MKII Sprite (the "resto-mod" driver)
00 Dakota R/T (the new toy)
herby@herbytoys.com
www.herbytoys.com