Re: [Spridgets] A Puzzle

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] A Puzzle
From: "Robert Bruce Evans" <b-evans@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 22:23:50 -0700
Gerard wrote:  "Yep, I have had a couple 60's vintage BMC's with that tag...
the '64 MG 1100 I have now has a BMC64 and had an MKI Midget with that plastic
tag too."

I think people are losing sight of the original issue.  Bill believed, "It has
certainly been a while, but that sure sounds like the tag the
state of California used to fasten beside the VIN number to authorize a year of
first sale."

However, the plate Larry ref errs to is, "at the trailing edge of the chassis
plate was shared in holding down the leading edge of this second tag."

It is my contention that the *State of California* never put such a tag on a
vehicle.  Neither did my new Bugeye have such a tag.

Buster