[Spridgets] Compression ratio. CAUTION: LBC content.

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Compression ratio. CAUTION: LBC content.
From: "Hal Faulkner" <hal@katemuir.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 16:23:29 -0700
O.K. I'm just about at that point where I have to decide where to set the CR
on my 1275 project.
Motor specs as follows: 20 thou over, valves 1.401 intake and 1.212 ex.
SPVP3 cam with 1.5:1 rockers.  Dual HS2s on maniflow manifold.

APT says the cam is suitable for CRs between 9.0 and 10.5.
Is 10.0 too high on today's gas?  Will I become a slave to octane booster if
I go that high?  For performance and economy I would likt to set the CR as
high as possible, but don't want to have to find racing gas to make the darn
thing run.  Suggestions?

Hal