[Spridgets] More tech

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] More tech
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 21:39:34 -0400
Since I am a big fan of silicon DOT 5 brake fluid, and since silicon
coats the surfaces of the brake light pressure switch, I have come up
with a mechanical brake light switch for the 58-66 Spridgets.
And this will fit the "We Tight" budgets.
For about $4 Radio shack sells a pack of 3 momentary contact switches,
yeah, made in a country that recalls dog food so keep the spare 2 handy
so you can replace them.
The switches have about a 5/16 stem.
I removed the original pedal stop bolt, reamed out the hole just a tad
from 1/4 to 5/16, inserted the switch with a washer on the back side to
act as my adjustment, your washer may be none, or 3 or 1 thick one,
depends on your pedal. To hold the switch into the pedal box, I used one
of those snap on washers with the teeth. 5/16" hole. It works.
I made a small harness (2 wires) with spade connectors to the switch and
male connectors on the other end to plug into the original brake light
switch wires. Run the harness where the high beam harness runs under the
heater tray and nobody will notice.
The whole thing was about $5 and that includes a couple spare switches.

My son and I took the 58 and 59 Sprites to our local Cruise Night last
night. I love it when all the cars run fine :)
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ