[Spridgets] Garage space - purchase questions

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Garage space - purchase questions
From: <bushwacker4@zoomtown.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 21:34:10 -0400
It would probably cost you more to prove that the property is safe, by EPA
standards, than the property is worth.
I saw the post about the thread being closed but for the benefit of anyone who
is interested... Several years ago there was a land deal that my bro-in-law had
to inspect since it was in his territory. He worked for the county building
commission. As he checked the records he found that there had previously been a
chemical company on the land that was torn down after a fire. The dirt was
tested and was determined to be contaminated. The new owners had to remove the
topsoil and have it cleaned and disposed of. It amounted to $4000 a dump truck
load!!! I don't remember how many loads there were but it was in the hundreds...

Kent
1960 Bugeye
1975 Midget - trailerparked queen