Re: [Spridgets] Which Bushings?

To: <rrengineer@dslextreme.com>, "derf" <derf247@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Which Bushings?
From: "Hal Faulkner" <hal@katemuir.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 20:11:21 -0700
At the Buster Cluster I did a front end job on FROG AYE (with the able help
from several attendees that couldn't find space around Buster's car.  I had
Noltec bushings which had been discussed on the list.  Their web site
implies that they offer the advantaces of both rubber (softer) and poly
(manufacturing  control.)I beleive it was Jon Paschke who pointed out to me
that some of them were of a waxy consistency and somewhat crumbly.  The
upper trunion bushings lasted about a month 'til I found one in my driveway
split longitudinally!  They are all out of the vehicle now. My local Brit
car garage convinced me that poly was the way to go and I now have prothane.
As I put them in after I started doing the engine rebuild, reports on their
efficacy will be withheld 'till FROG AYE gets back on the road.

Hal