Re: [Spridgets] Rolling A Street Spridget

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Rolling A Street Spridget
From: "Bud Pazur" <bpazur@excel.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 16:55:29 -0500
Robert wrote:

This might be a dumb question ( won't be my first and doubt it will be
my last )  but outside of the race track how common is it for a Spridget
to roll over? I rolled a Pinto once when I was young and dumb and
driving like an a**hole but I'm having a hard time imagining that under
normal non-alcohol impaired driving conditions that it would be all that
likely that a Spridget would roll over.

I guess I worry more about the 'other guy' these days. A month ago I was
driving my WRX home on a country road going about 55, and a guy in a big
Chrysler completely ignored a stop sign at an intersection I was just
approaching. The WRX ABS brakes saved me big time. I started think about what
would/could have happened if I were in the Bugeye. My brakes would not have
stopped me in a straight line (maybe), and might not have stopped me as fast.
So I would have entered the intersection at some crazy angle, got hit bad,
and very likely might have rolled once I was off the shoulder.

Also, I want to take the Bugeye to work - it is 20 minutes on a two lane
blacktop where everyone is going about 65. I think I will feel better with a
roll bar there too.

It is the same thing that made me sell the Harley. Since we moved here 10
years ago, we have hit deer three times (in our cars)- they are always
running across the roads around here, and the woods come down so close to the
road that you can't see them until it's too late. I started to think about a
deer encounter on a motorcycle, and then sold the bike.

I guess I am just getting more cautious in my old age. I wasn't when I was
younger, I can assure you.

Bud