Re: [Spridgets] SOS beta tester sacrificial lambs needed

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] SOS beta tester sacrificial lambs needed
From: Marc <smarc@smarc.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 08:58:53 -0400
I've used www.jmeeting.com to do private meetings. There is a lot of,
um... 'adult' things going on there, but we found it worked out great
for us, with a group of about 25 people. Yahoo is peer-to-peer, and
burns up a lot of internet capacity pretty quickly for multiple
sessions. With Jmeeting, one broadcaster can be seen by thousands of
viewers without that bandwidth penalty. It's not quite live-action, but
again, thats expensive and difficult to do bandwidth-wise. Jmeeting
allows free (albeit limited) use of the site. Only paid subscriptions
are allowed private broadcasts, but if you need that, only the person
broadcasting needs a free account, and it's only  like $5 for 30 days.
They allow you to create your own chat-room, and you can make that
invite-only if you want. The entire thing is java based, works in a web
browser...

There is no voice chat, but we didn't need that. Besides, there are any
number of free or inexpensive providers of voice conferencing that is
easier for non-technical people to use.  Also I believe Skype supports
conference calls... don't know if thats still a free service though, and
it's limited to like 10 people per conference I think...

Marc