Re: [Spridgets] Spridgets Digest, Vol 5, Issue 59

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Spridgets Digest, Vol 5, Issue 59
From: RampantNM@aol.com
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 11:47:56 EDT
In a message dated 10/22/2007 8:01:18 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
spridgets-request@autox.team.net writes:

I am  still looking for definitive help to modify my rear leaf springs to
improve  the harsh ride, lower the rear, and improve handling. Long ago,
before I  knew any better, I bought and installed Moss springs.

Have you tried loosening the rear shackles, putting some weight in the rear
(sand bags?) until you like the height and then re-tightening them?  If it
was on jack stands when you installed the spings, it may be artificially  high.

Or, you could buy some big Micky Thomposon slicks......

Regards,

Robert B. Houston

74.5 MGBGT
73 MG  Midget

As he stared at her ample bosom, he daydreamed of the dual  Skinners Union
carburetors in his vintage MG, highly functional yet  pleasingly formed,
perched prominently on top of the intake manifold, aching for  experienced
hands,
the small knurled caps of the oil dampeners begging to be  inspected and
adjusted as
described in chapter seven of the Haynes shop  manual.