[Spridgets] crank pulley question

To: "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] crank pulley question
From: "Phil Nase" <nases@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 10:55:02 -0400
I'm assembling my 1099cc CG motor after replacing seals and gaskets.  On the
front I have the timing gears in place and I'm ready to install the timing
cover and crank pulley.
With the timing cover and pulley in place the pulley center is slightly
extended out from the crank end.  Is this normal?

I have the crank timing gear shimmed and seated back as far as it will go.
Does the pulley nut washer bear on the pulley leaving a slight gap between
the crank end and the outer lip of the pulley?

Thanks everyone.  It's amazing what I don't notice even when you carefully
disassemble something.

Phil Nase
Quakertown, PA
http://home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa