Re: [Spridgets] What is still there?

To: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>, "Spridgets"
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] What is still there?
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 13:38:41 -0600
----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sent: Saturday, November 17, 2007 1:18 PM

> Sorry, but the *illegal* immigrants of today cannot be compared to the
> *legal* immigrants of a century or two centuries ago, who wanted to learn
> the language and become *Americans*, forsaking their birth countries.

So, Buster, what you are telling us is that, if you had been born
twenty-some years ago a few hundred miles south of where you live today, you
would cheerfully accept your poverty and not think of temporarily migrating
north for the summer regardless of the legality? I don't know that I could
say that myself.

Seems to me that the USA was founded by illegal immigrants.  The big
difference is that they killed those natives who opposed their immigration.

No, I don't like the idea of anybody entering this country illegally, but my
biggest problem with what is happening is that, if a bunch of uneducated,
unsophisticated Mexicans can waltz across our borders, what is stopping a
bunch of educated and determined terrorists who can do us REAL harm?

LAD