Re: [Spridgets] Bugeye Group..... Congratulations to you in

To: bugeye@yahoogroups.com, bugeye@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Bugeye Group..... Congratulations to you in
From: "Robert Bruce Evans" <b-evans@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 06:41:07 -0800
Robert E. Shlafer wrote:  "Driving off the pavement to pass another vehicle
I've done as directed by police at an accident scene, so I probably got that
one wrong."

Obeying the directions of a traffic officer (cop) lawfully takes prescedence
over other rules of the road.  Also, in California, at least, it is legal to
pass another vehicle on the shoulder *prepatory to a right turn*, but only if
it can be done safely.  In other words, if there is an accident, *you* are
guilty regardless of the actions of the other party.

"What's a "diamond" for?"

It designates an HOV (High Occupancy Vehicle) lane, more commonly called a
"carpool lane".

Buster