[Spridgets] Twin Carbs Tip

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] Twin Carbs Tip
From: "Bud Pazur" <bpazur@excel.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 10:54:17 -0600
I dont know if anyone else has experienced this problem, but for a while I
have been aware that, on my twin SU HS2 carbs, the rear suction disc and
needle does not rise near as much as the front disc/needle when I open the
throttle. I traded chamber and disc locations, but doing that didnt affect
this condition. I played with jet flats, measured jet depths, measured the
needles, played with damper oil levels  no clues. The throttle linkage
adjustment bolts were in line, but I decided to look at the throttle plates
anyway. I found that the rear plate was not opening near a much as the front
plate. After adjusting the linkage, I got both plates opening the same. The
adjustment bolts are no longer perfectly aligned, but the disc/needles now
rise the same amount. Must be due to slop slop somewhere in the linkage. I
had to then readjust the jet flats. The engine seems to be running much
better now. So, the bottom line is (for me at least), dont trust your visual
on the linkage to assume that both plates are opening equally.

Bud Pazur

'60 Bugeye - Street Car - 1275cc - 'Mr. White'
Race Spridget - 1275cc - 'SilverStreak'