Re: [Spridgets] Cool In Wisco

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Cool In Wisco
From: David Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 23:24:18 -0600
Ron Soave wrote:
> --- Mike/Donna Carpenter
> <mail4carpenters@peoplepc.com> wrote:
>
>> Dave,
>> Have you read Return of the Bugeye pts 1 and 2?
>> Mike
>>

> That story is what made me want to get a Bugeye when I
> was 17, twenty four(!!) years ago. I have met Peter a
> few times, and when I remind him of my age when I read
> it, he always winces.
>
> Ron

Mike and Ron I understand why Peter would wince.  The story was written,
I believe, in 1985 and I purchased the Bugeye in 1977.  We just
celebrated out 30th anniversary in early September.  I asked Peter about
my car as he states his was dark blue when it was stolen in Milwaukee.
Mine was dark blue when I purchased it in Milwaukee.  Hmmmm.  We
determined it isn't the same car.  I first saw a Bugeye in 1960 at Road
America and then I crewed a bit with bunch of guys from Waukesha.  I had
a 65 Mustang at the time and they raced Bugeyes and MGB's.  Traded the
Mustang for a 68 MGB and it was lbc's from then on; but not as daily
transportation.  The Bugeye found me long after the MGB was gone
(replaced by a 73 Ford Capri 2800).  Peter sure does get our juices
going with his articles!  It's 7*F outside and I'm going to pour a warm
libation and reread "At Large".
Cheers!

Dave
59 :{)