Re: [Spridgets] primers....thinking out loud

To: "'Frank Clarici'" <spritenut@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] primers....thinking out loud
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 18:29:57 -0500
Frank,
My local autobody shop supply house confirmed what you said about not
applying fillers over self-etching primers.  It seems that the etching
"agent" leaches into the filler.
Also, they said that they didn't know of ANYONE who is following PPG's
recommendation to "soap & water" wash the metal before applying the
epoxy primer.
We also discussed the new enamels, and I'm beginning to feel a bit more
comfortable with making the switch from lacquer to enamel.  While it
would be pretty hard to screw up Glacier White, the other paint work I'm
planning this year involves a dove grey Mk.I, and I sure don't want to
have to depend on some guy half way across the country getting THAT
color mixed correctly.  Much easier to have it mixed up a couple of
miles from home, on the morning that I will be shooting it.  So, I'm now
an old dog leaning very strongly toward learning a few new tricks.
Bud Osbourne