Re: [Spridgets] Welder,caution

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Welder,caution
From: "Rick Fisk" <refisk@chartermi.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 20:56:57 -0500
A buddy of mine used to run a car restoration business.  Some of his resto
jobs are in the Henry Ford Museum.  He did good work.

One day he was buffing a headlight trim ring on a huge buffing wheel driven
by a 5 HP electric motor.  The buffer suddenly grabbed the trim ring and his
hand and wrapped his whole arm around the wheel.  When he got the wheel
stopped and his arm out the bones in his wrist and arm had been torn apart
and his arm was literally stretched to the point where his fingers were
dragging on the ground.

It took a year of recovery.  The docs did a good job and his arm was
repaired to the point where it works pretty well, but he still has a bunch
of plates and screws holding everything together.

Be careful out there.

Rick