Re: [Spridgets] Which one?

To: Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net>, <cmanuel@wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Which one?
From: Billy Zoom <billyzoom@billyzoom.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 07:25:49 -0800
> engine rebuilders often use blue paint
I don't trust most rebuilders, especially with a Spridget engine. There are
too many bad parts available.
"comes from a guy with a Crosley Hot Shot, who says it ran strong" is a good
reference. I'd tend to trust any guy who drives a Crosley.
"comes from a guy who knows nothing about it except that it's blue" is not a
good reference. Anybody who'd paint a Spridget engine blue isn't into
Spridgets, and probably rebuilt it like it was a Ford...if in fact it's
rebuilt and not just painted after the sloppy valve job. New paint doesn't
guarantee a rebuilt engine.
If you're planning to do a complete rebuild anyway, then all that really
counts is the diameter of the bore,  but I'd still go with the older block
and head.
BZ