Re: [Spridgets] "Wrinkle' paint question...

To: dmg@bossig.com
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] "Wrinkle' paint question...
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 21:38:09 -0500
Krylon wrinkle black works wonders but it has to be down to bare metal,
and NO PRIMER.
I wait for a sunny day, but paint the dash as per the instructions.
3 heavy coats 10 minutes apart. Do this in a cool place not in the sun.
But have the dash on a board so you can put it out in the sun after the
3rd coat. It will wrinkle up like magic in about 15 minutes.
Uniform heat is the trick.
I did 2 of these dashboards for my 67. Just incase I scratch one putting
it in ;) Both came out perfect, and each one wrinkled different.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ