Re: [Spridgets] Shift lever for ribcase?

To: nases@verizon.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Shift lever for ribcase?
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 22:05:19 -0500
Phil Nase wrote:
> How can I tell the difference between a ribcase and smoothcase shifter if
> they're both chromed?

One is longer between the big ball and small ball. Not much, hardly
noticable but it will not work on the other trans.
I forget which is what, Paul A will know, he taught me.

> Also, how were the stock bugeye shifter knobs attached to the lever?  I just
> removed mine and the lever is threaded but the knob was held on with a
> rubber sleeve and no sign of threads in the knob.

The rod was threaded into the rubber. It sort of closes up when you
remove it. And too many ons and offs makes it untightenable too.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ