Re: [Spridgets] Spridget Bike Rack?

To: uniquelittlecars@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Spridget Bike Rack?
From: Robert Weeks <lists@woozy.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 18:12:59 -0500
Hi Vigil,

Looks like this email didn't go through to the list the first time.
After I sent the first reply I found the photos of the MGB canoe carrier
mentioned below:

http://woozy.com/midget/lbc_canoe_carrier/

Looking at the pictures now I think he'd be better off trailering it.

I ride 20 miles round trip a day during the week when the weather
cooperates. Weekends I might do a longer or harder ride if I'm feeling
motivated and can find the time. Winters here are very mild so I'm able
to do it year round. It helps a lot with stress. If I stop doing it so I
can drive the MG I notice that I'm not doing so well after a few days
off even though driving the MG is fun and can be relaxing also. If I
don't get enough riding in I get crazy and start telling people to "bite
me" and things like that. ;-)

I have a hitch mount rack on my pickup truck which works great. I've had
problems with the trunk ones scratching or denting the car when I've
used them with my wife's car and with rental cars. We just rented a
brand new '08 Dodge Grand Caravan for our holiday travels and the Yakima
rack dented the sheet metal slightly. Luckily the person who inspected
the van when we brought it back missed that. I've used roof racks but
they can be hard to get the bike on and off of and clearance can be a
problem. I park my truck in a parking garage during the day and wouldn't
be able to get in or out of the garage with the bike on a roof rack.

There was a guy around these parts who made a canoe carrier for his MGB.
It was something else. I used to have a picture of it somewhere, I'll
have to look for it. Not anything I'd want to do to a Spridget though.

Thanks,

Robert