Re: [Spridgets] Datsun 5 speed on eBay

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Datsun 5 speed on eBay
From: Andy Webster <a_d_webster@yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 15:04:02 +1100 (EST)
There is always the toyota 5 spd conversion... more butchery involved.. but
better ratios.. Dellow in Sydney Australia makes the "kit"...I use that word
loosely coz it's really just a bellhousing.
   Not as straightforward a job as the datsun... but if you can be bothered,
it's a nice drive and you only ever need to use the clutch for standing starts!
  still plenty of toyota 5 speeds too...even though they go into just about
anything over here... V8 guys go for the steel Supra box, 6 & 4 bangers go for
the Celica & T-18 Corolla alloy boxes.
  the toyota overdrive is .86:1 compared to the datsuns .82:1, but the ratios
from 1 - 3 are better sports car ratios than the datsuns.
  Andy
  Brisbane

Charlie <shelden3@pldi.net> wrote:
  Wow.
Makes me feel like my 200.00 find last winter was worth while! I'd been
searching for a while though locally. Seems most had been crushed according
to the yards as anything more than 10 years old was wasting space.

Charile

>> I would already have Listed!!!! LOL There ARE more!!
>
> But the supply is dwindling fast. Face it, there was no other socially
> redeeming value to a Datsun 210. Many of them were not 5-speeds. Most have
> been crushed. The Morris guys are after them, too. This one had a mere
> 40,000 miles on it. No, I would not have paid that price, but the day will
> come when we will think it was worth it.

It has removed 1979 spam emails to date.
You are subscribed as a_d_webster@yahoo.com.au

http://www.team.net/archive