Re: [Spridgets] hif-6 tuning

To: "'Andy Webster'" <a_d_webster@yahoo.com.au>,
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] hif-6 tuning
From: "Guy Weller" <guy.weller@tiscali.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 09:46:13 -0000
--===============0152486238==

Hi Andy,
I use that same set-up on my 1330 Sprite, using a
HIF44 and titan manifold

First, it sounds like your Titan is one for a
Mini, not a Spridget. The Spridget ones hold the
carb at a slightly lower angle  so there is no
clearance problem and there is still room for the
spacer (which also acts to reduce heat transfer to
the carb).
The Spridget ones are much rarer and quite hard to
find, but the mini ones can be made to work as you
have discovered!

As for flat spots - which needle are you using? I
have changed to using a BDL needle but I suspect
it is still a bit on the weak side. The real
answer is to get a rolling road session, which I
will do soon. - I just need to change to my 1.5
roller rockers first, then it is ready!

Guy