[Spridgets] OT - Spyware

To: "Spridgets List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] OT - Spyware
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 09:52:31 -0600
Sorry to jump in with an off-topic question here (hard to imagine on this
list), but I have a quick 'puter question.  I have been using Spyware Doctor
for my spyware/adware protection.  A while back they had an update that slowed
my computer to an absolute crawl.  A check on the net found that this was a
common complaint.  It got so bad that I turned the program off.

So, finally to my question, who has a good version of free spyware protection?
I have been using AVG for free virus protection and wondered if there is an
equivalent free spyware program that won't slow my machine down?

TIA,

Larry