Re: [Spridgets] what's the story on Moss' "repro Mini-Lite alloy

To: David Ramsey <dwramsey@att.net>, 'Larry Macy'
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] what's the story on Moss' "repro Mini-Lite alloy
From: "Robert E. Shlafer" <pilotrob@webtv.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 12:57:11 GMT
I put 78 or 80 series on my 6" VW "White"
spoked wheels. And they were nothing special. I think Sears Radials if I
remember correctly, 185x15's.

The car handled like it was on rails...... seriously.

Seems the more tire "under" rather than "outside" the rim, the better the car
handled and held in the turns at highway
speeds.

Of course, like anything else, I'm sure it can be overdone, but this thing
stuck like glue in the dry and wasn't bad in the rain, either.

Cap'n. Bob      '60 :{)