[Spridgets] actual daily drivers

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] actual daily drivers
From: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 16:13:21 -0800
Sitting on a slow afternoon and thinking, I realized that last year I drove
either my 58 Austin or Bugsy to work every day except four, when I took a
"modern" car.  That's over 250 commutes in an LBC and that doesn't count extra
weekend trips and non-work usage.  I guess I'm taking the term "daily driver"
rather seriously.  Bugsy had a quiet year with the EFI conversion going on and
now the crappy wet weather, but Austin has been a workhorse.  I sometimes
think I'm getting soft, leaving Bugsy in the garage in favor of Austin's
roof/radio/heater comforts, but if I actually make it to Missouri, my bona
fides should be restored.

My dorm-living daughter came home this weekend and asked if I had been driving
her Toyota during the bad weather, (looking for some guilt-gas for her tank,
no doubt) and I honestly answered "Why would I do that?".

Glen