[Spridgets] Miata Seats

To: vern@srvinet.com
Subject: [Spridgets] Miata Seats
From: James Gruber <thistle_3619@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 06:07:28 -0800 (PST)
Vern,

  I just picked up a set of Miata Seats from a '96 for $150.00. Black, cloth,
no rips or tears and minor rust on the seat pan. They were asking $250 then
$200 at the "Auto Recycling Center". I pushed and offered $150 and the guy took
it. 2000+ seats are supposed to be thinner in the seatbacks.

  I decided on cloth over leatehr, tired of sweating my butt off on leather /
vinyl. I have not installed seats yet but after talking to 4-5 Spridget folks
who installed them they were happy wit hthe fit. Biggest caution is brake line
runs directly under on of the logical mounting points so be careful where you
drill.

  Miata Seat Brackets sit on an angle, you could mount directly to the floor
but for best mounting build yourself 4 brackets . I found this link. See
   http://ye-beast.com/Spitfire/Beast_Folder/Beast_Tech/Seat_Talk.html for a
link to a blueprint for a bracket designed for a Spitfire Install but looks
like it would work for a Spridget as well. Classic Motor Sports used Miata
Seats in their resoration and they built a bracket to use the same mounting
holes as the Spridget does already. Have not got that far yet in my
installation but will be ready by Spring.

Jim Gruber
Bugsy '68 Sprite (future Bugeye in disguise)
Cincinnati, OH