[Spridgets] Exterior Paint question

To: "all spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Yahoo Spridget
Subject: [Spridgets] Exterior Paint question
From: "Brad Fornal" <tequila.brad@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 19:39:08 -0600
As you know, I have been carrying on these past few months, I have an
entirely rebuilt drive train for the 68. I will be taking photos of the
completely assembled unit soon, should anyone care to see it.
I can not, in good conscience, place this into a filthy, greasy car. Thus, I
have been spending some quality time, power washing under the bonnet. There
are some stubborn areas of baked on mung on the triangular area where the
exhaust runs. Whilst cleaning, I see the car was white at some point in it's
life. Under the white, I have seen some areas of pink. In a private
conversation with Frank, he tells me that he has seen some pink primer over
the years. That settled, I went back to cleaning.
Then, shipwrights disease set in, and I decided that the underbelly needed a
good wash as well. I placed jack stands under the front and rear tires on
one side to take a peek. Since it looked black, a liberal dose of Castrol
Super Clean was applied full strength. BTW, wear genuine, wraparound safety
glasses while using this stuff, as a drop in the eye hurts like F'n HELL!!!
As the grease starts to wash off, I see large expanses of deep pink on the
bottom of the car. This is also on the area up over the rear axle.
My question, initially is, is anyone here aware of any other HAN8's that are
deep pink? From what I can ascertain from the OS&M, deep pink was
discontinued after HAN6.
I know that the true knowledge will come from a BMHIT cert, but just for
right now, what is the general consensus of the list?
If indeed it is a deep pink car, with all I have gone through, to get this
car back as close to original as I can, would it increase the value
significantly, should I repaint it back to original?
Or would it just be a waste of time and money

Thank you,
Brad

--
DON JULIO 1942