Re: [Spridgets] 120 mph Midget

To: Larry Macy <lmacy@phillymgclub.com>, type79@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 120 mph Midget
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 19:28:46 -0800 (PST)
--- Larry Macy <lmacy@phillymgclub.com> wrote:

> Well I know I had my 76 over 100 mph, once. It got a
> little light in
> the front end, so I never did it again

Perfect conditions, practice at Elkhart Lake...White
Trash in perfect tune...come out of the carousel in
4th, flat out through The Kink....Kettle Bottoms to
Canada Corner, just me and my friend Grant Gongoll in
his beautiful Big Healey, flat out 7500 RPM in 4th
gear with a 3.9 rear and 60 series Hoosiers (do the
math; his crew got us before that at 118 MPH along the
way)...I figure I can easily late brake him in Canada
Corner. His brake lights flash once, and never come
back on. Wow - he's got balls. No, he has no brakes.
He tries to loop it to slow it down, somersaults up a
hill and comes to rest on top of an 8 ft chain link
fence in front of the grandstand. I've never been
shaken like that on a track before. 5 minutes later
I'm talking to him in the med shack. Unbelievable.

That was 2 years ago, I'm faster now, but not in that
part of the track!

Ron

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.