[Spridgets] door hinge plate

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: [Spridgets] door hinge plate
From: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 19:32:12 -0800 (PST)
The captive nut plate for the lower hinge on my bugeye passenger door is
semi-frozen and won't move far enough inboard to allow door bottom
alignment.  I'm thinking of drilling a small hole through the inner
footwell wall to intersect the lower inboard corner of the nut plate.
Maybe a dental pick to clean any debris blocking the plate and then an
easy weld-shut.  I've never seen this area exposed and wonder if there's
a better way?  How far below the bottom hinge hole in the nutplate is the
actual edge of the plate? I need 1/8" and don't want to ovalize the hinge
holes that much to do it the obvious easier way.

I realized that the only thing standing between me and a $5K paint job is
a paltry $4800 worth of sanding and buffing.  I'll be getting right on
that in my free time.

Thanks,
Glen Byrns