Re: [Spridgets] Spridget tow bar

To: Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Spridget tow bar
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 12:45:58 -0600
I have an "A" tow bar that I attach to the Midget and flat tow it. I towed
it here from Dallas when I bought it and have towed it several times since
with this set up. No problem whatsoever. I don't secure the steering wheel.
I had a local metal shop fabricate a couple of fittings which bolt on where
the bumper comes off. Works like a charm. I put a set of regular trailer
lights on the rear bumper of the midget and plug them into the tow plug on
the PU. The Midget is so low however that you can see the PU taillights
above it  ;-)

On the whole though, I'd much prefer to be driving it. The tow bar stays in
the back of my Chev PU so the wife can come and rescue me if the Midget
dies. Hasn't happened yet, but who knows....?
--
Cheers!!
Jim - 68 "Spridget" in Dodge City