Re: [Spridgets] 2 speed wiper motor park

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] 2 speed wiper motor park
From: <uniquelittlecars@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 19:54:25 -0800 (PST)
Frank,

  This help?

  LUCAS WIPER MOTOR
   Terminal Connections
   #1 Earth = Black
   #2 Park = Black/Green
   #3 2nd Speed = Yellow
   #4 Ignition Power In = Green
   #5 1st Speed = Green/Red
  Some cars have the stated Lucas switch, although I would check to make sure
that it is still functioning correctly. Please check that the wiper motor and
switch are wired correctly.
  ********End of article excerpt********

  Vigil

Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net> wrote:
  What makes this 2 speed wiper motor park?
It has 5 wires, of those 1 is a ground, 1 is low speed, 1 is high speed.
When hooked to a toggle switch, I have off, low, and high.
I still have 2 wires and neither works the park whether hooked to power
or ground.
Since I am not thrilled with the stock single speed (s l o w) wiper
motor in the 67, I want to upgrade to the later 2 speed set up.
I have the motor and made the tubes, it's the wiring that has me stumped.
Like I said, it works fine with 3 of the 5 wires, what or how does the
park get wired?
I see the cam on the gear that hits the pin on the case that makes it park.
It is not getting wired thru the normal column switch, I want it wired
to the 67 dash toggle switch which I have and it works on both speeds.
But flipping the switch to get the wipers to park gets old.
I am planning on 2 50th meets, one of those is in PennsylRAINia, the
other is a 2 day drive and we all know it will rain for 1.9 of those
days EACH way at highway speeds.
My 59 already has 2 speeds with intermittent, the 58 has original no
speeds with Rainbow blades and arms, I will replace the arms and blades
for the Missouri trip. And I already took off the Rainbows on the 67.
Original is nice but functional is better ;)
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ

http://www.team.net/archive