Re: [Spridgets] Semi Charitable Bugeye Restoration

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Semi Charitable Bugeye Restoration
From: brian S <bugeye15@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 10:42:30 -0400
Frank,

You can count me in for the JACK-SHIT.
 I have a bugeye that may be a better starting point than your auction Bugeye.
Tub is solid, floors good. Rear deck is tweeked,
could really use a whole rear clip. Needs a bonnet and seats, otherwise
pretty
complete. Probably negotiate an appropriate price with the good Father. :-)
Been keepin it around so I have a clue where stuff goes when
I start puttin my other one back together.

Brian S.
Bugeyeracer under resto

> Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 20:20:32 -0500
> From: spritenut@comcast.net
> To: spridgets@autox.team.net
> Subject: [Spridgets] Semi Charitable Bugeye Restoration
>
> I already mentioned this to the Oshit team and now that I have spoke
> with the retired Priest, I think it's a go.
> There is a retired Priest that drives a 69 Midget, he found me and I
> routinely repair his Midget. He wants to pay for the repairs, but he is
> a priest. Not my priest but I am a catholic ;)
> He learned of the 1.5 Bugeyes I picked up at the auction last month, he
> wants one in the worst way. He always did and the Midget is the closest
> he could come to a Bugeye when he retired.
> So I was over his house Sunday to get the Midget running, he said it
> needed a coil, I replaced the plugs and it fired right up, stuck choke
> equals fouled plugs real fast.
> Anyway, I tried to tell him that the cars are rough, no floors, no
> sills, and I told him about a few others for sale. The ones for sale are
> "way out of his price range". So I told him that just the parts are
> going to be $4000-$5000 just to buy them. I mean there is no interior,
> no seats, no nothing in these Bugeyes.
> I do have a 1098 and a few working transmissions, a dashboard, and maybe
> a few other bits and pieces. Most of my stuff is now used up since the
> Rally car, 58 Sprite and recent 67 Sprite projects. Parts cars sort of
> dried up and so did my stash.
> My question to the list is...What do you guys think about a
> JACK-SHIT for Father Jack? But we can't call it that.
> This will not happen until after Missouri, but I will need help making a
> Bugeye out of  http://home.comcast.net/~spritenut/auction1.jpg
> Like a Bustercluster, learn welding, body work, bring parts!
> Whatcha think?
> --
> Frank Clarici
> Toms River, NJ

Helping your favorite cause is as easy as instant messaging. You IM, we give.