[Spridgets] spark wire

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] spark wire
From: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 12:55:39 -0700
After a very frustrating week chasing the obscure, Bugsy is running great
again and continues to get prepped for Missouri.  I had developed an ignition
miss at thigher throttle settings and immediately blamed the Megasquirt
computer, the ignition chip, the new wiring, and the coil and dizzy shutter.
Ran fine at lower throttle and started to miss at WOT.  I found a wet plug in
#1 and realized it was a spark issue.
Last night I swapped dizzy caps and all was cured.  I cut open the
fancy-schmancy 9mm silicon supressor wire and found 1/4" of char between the
post screw and the remainder of the silicon core.  At low throttle, there was
enough energy left to fire the plug, but at WOT, not enough spark to do the
job.  After throwing all this high-tech doody at the car, its still the
low-tech silly things that get you.
Sunny beach!

I've got a dyno appointment for Tuesday where I'll get some hard numbers to
post on the engine and have a real pro dial the spark timing/AF ratios and
fuelling tables to perfection.

Glen