[Spridgets] Bugeye Windshield Frame

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Bugeye Windshield Frame
From: "Mark" <mark@nashvilletn.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 19:58:56 -0500
Guys,

I have a spare Bugeye windshield frame that I would like to polish up.  It
is straight but has the usual scratches and bruises from years of being
tossed around.  I put it on the buffer wheel with some emery stick on a hard
wheel but it doesn't get through the anodizing.  I have tried with limited
success using lye in the past but it makes the pits bigger because it "eats"
more aluminum than coating in the process.  Is there better way to get down
to the aluminum?  I stopped by our only anodizing shop and was told that
they could clear coat it after I had it polished....If I had it polished I
would probably leave it.  Tips appreciated.

Mark
Nashville
http://www.arrestmered.com